How do you replace a continuous cordloop?
To fix a frayed or broken cordloop, please follow the instructions below:
- Gather the pleats together and hold the bottomrail to the headrail.
- Flip the shade so that the headrail is resting on your lap, and the bottomrail is facing up.
- Release the control end cap that covers the cordloop mechanism.
- The bottom of the control end cap snaps into place under a lip on the cordloop mechanism.
- Take a flat object, like a screwdriver, and gently insert it under the plastic strip colored the same as the headrail.
- Gently lift up this piece to pop it off of the lip. The control end cap should now slip off the cordloop mechanism.
- Remove frayed cordloop by gently lifting the cord and turning the mechanism. (Tip: a screwdriver inserted into the center of the mechanism allows for easy rotation).
- Start new cordloop into the pulley by placing the cord into one of the teeth of the gear.
- Rotate the cordloop into place. Replace control end cap first, then replace other end cap.